You are planning an experiment in the Bremen Drop Tower?
The ZARM Drop Tower Operations and Service Company will support you in all phases of experiment preparation and make sure that you will receive the relevant data of your research project as soon as possible.
An experienced team of engineers will take care of you and your experiment - as for example the analysis of the first ideas and potential funding, the production of special components and the integration of the experiment capsule up to the validation of the scientific results.
- Guide the development and project management
- Support the production of technical drawings and experiment components
- Provide technical equipment (high-speed cameras, lenses, sensors, laser systems, lighting, etc.)
- Implement mechanical and electronic set up
- Programming of the experiment sequence (automation)
- Qualify and test the experiment set up before the drop or catapult launch
- Carry out the drop or catapult launch
- Provide the scientific data after every experiment
In order to make the most of your stay at ZARM, we offer the possibility to rent an apartment on the premises or support you in booking accommodation in a nearby hotel.
What are the requirements?
Please click below for a detailed description of the technical requirements when using the Bremen Drop Tower:
What are the first steps?
We will assist you in all technical and administrative aspects when planning your drop tower experiment. Your point of contact is Thorben Könemann (+49 421 218-57785 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the European Space Agency (ESA) are funding the scientific utilization of the Bremen Drop Tower. Please check the following links for further information:
Moreover, you can find dedicated programs for special target groups: